DVE is growing! Do you know someone who can help us?
With a number of new growth opportunities in progress, the core business of Consulting requires focussed leadership to ensure continued growth and utilisation of opportunities.
DVE Business Solutions is a growing consulting company with a difference, led by South Australia Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year Jo Schneider. DVE clients are predominantly in the education sector with Universities and Higher Education providers being core focus. With our communicative and collaborative methodology, DVE drives positive change that makes a difference in the areas of People, Process, Structure and Technology. Typical project areas include business process improvement, managing registrations & accreditations, change/organisational management reviews and system implementation projects.
This is a flexible role based in Adelaide (will consider part time or full time applicants) and incorporates interstate travel. Exceptional candidates from other states will be considered with the expectation of regular presence in the Adelaide office.
This newly created leadership position will work closely with the CEO to grow the Consulting business in line with strategic objectives. Being responsible for both the business development and delivery teams, you will be essential in implementing strategies to develop new business, retain existing clients and develop and grow the team while maintaining existing methodologies and service delivery standards.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a business where ideas are readily implemented and working directly with the CEO, changes are affected quickly and easily! We are always looking to improve and want someone who can bring their knowledge and help us grow.
We value personal growth so you will be given opportunities for personal and professional development, be able to provide these opportunities and exciting career paths to your team. You will report directly to the CEO; all consulting staff including sales team, project managers, support team and contractors will report to you.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Client relationship management to develop new business, add value and maintain existing clients and develop
- Regular communication and close work with all stakeholders in relation to projects and project activities.
- Engagement and assistance in sales and projects to add value to clients and support and lead teams
- Implement sales & marketing strategies and ensure sales targets are consistently met
- Ensure delivery of high quality, results focussed projects to clients
- Management of all staff and contractors relating to consulting activities including sales and delivery teams in line with “DVE way” culture and values
- Ensuring staff are coached and developed to enable career paths and retention.
- Growth of the team in line with business growth including recruitment of new team members.
- Management of all activities to meet business KPIs including financial objectives
- Oversight of all project delivery including ensuring all projects are within budget, time and quality
- Ensure discipline of reporting, meeting rhythms and methodologies within team
- Effective reporting to CEO on status of activities, progress on strategies and issue escalation
The Successful Candidate will demonstrate:
- 10+ years experience working in and managing in a commercial consulting capacity or equivalent
- Experience leading a team that delivers projects to external clients
- Excellent skills in stakeholder engagement, communication management and client communication across all organisational levels.
- Exceptional people management skills organisation and activity management skills
- Planning & operational oversight including extensive experience maintaining projects to timeline and budget
- Experience in problem solving and stakeholder negotiation to assist others in influencing resolution of issues and successful outcomes
- Demonstrated experience of effective management of resources and budget
- Ability to understand & anticipate client needs and identify opportunities, translating into implemented strategies to achieve results
- Demonstrated experience of building client relationships to increase value over time
- Experience working within the Higher Education sector.
- Specific business development experience, including opportunity spotting, consultative approach to solution finding, proposal writing
- Provision of advice and other recommendations to clients in a consulting capacity
- Project & program management in line with waterfall methods of project management eg PRINCE2
Salary package including base salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience
If you’re ready to take the next step towards joining the DVE team, please send through your application letter addressing the criteria outlined above and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.